What is HackTT?
<- Welcome to HackTT!!
<-- CEO's Take on HackTT
- Attract 12 teams of 4-5 persons from tertiary institutions across Trinidad and Tobago, to register for the Hackathon to work on projects that improve 4 set of metrics provided by Government agencies. The top 6 teams will advance for the deployment of solutions within the Government.
- Promote and bring awareness to the role of Information Communications Technologies and Innovation in the transformation of Trinidad and Tobago into a knowledge-based economy making available the provision of possible ICT solutions to ministries, departments and agencies.
- Develop students and future leaders of the country through online training materials and real life problems provided by Hacker Hostel
- Develop the employability of its participants by making them work on real problems.
- Provide exposure for the country through the participation of external IT professionals in the mentorship of local students and development of the software curriculum
- Provide a pool of IT resources from which the Company may be able to gain high quality competent human resources.
Terms and Conditions
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The NATIONAL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED (also called iGovTT), a state owned enterprise duly incorporated under the Laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and having its registered office at Lord Harris Court, No. 52 Pembroke Street, Port of Spain, in the island of Trinidad (hereinafter called “the Organiser”) shall be hosting an innovation competition under the name “HackTT” (hereinafter called the “Competition”).
2. The aim of the Competition is to address the ICT challenges and needs that shall be identified by the Ministries, Divisions and Agencies of the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (hereinafter called “Problem Statements”) through the creation of fully functional, deployable ICT solutions (hereinafter called the “Solutions”). 3. The Competition is open to teams comprising a minimum of three (3) and no more than five (5) persons each of whom shall either be a final year student at or a recent graduate (to a maximum of two (2) years prior to the start of the Competition) from a locally recognised and/or accredited university (hereinafter individually referred to as “Participants”; collectively referred to as the “Team”). Each Team shall only submit one (1) Solution to be judged for the Competition. 4. Participation in the Competition constitutes the Team’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Organiser, which are final and binding. Eligibility to qualify for prizes is contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein. 5. Each Team shall comprise one (1) Programmer, one (1) Documenter, one (1) Tester, one (1) Business Analyst and one (1) Project Manager. The role of each Participant shall be clearly identified by the Team upon registration for the Competition. 6. Employees of the Organiser, members of their immediate families or of any of its subsidiaries and employees of all third parties (including but not limited to partners, sponsors and facilitators) associated with the Competition are not eligible to take part in the Competition. 7. Each Team shall be assigned a mentor to provide the necessary guidance and support where needed throughout the Competition. 8. Any person acting as a team mentor, or in a mentorship role, where allowed, shall limit the level of support provided to the Team to general guidance and must not contribute in any way that may be considered original authorship, or in way that may enable claims of rights or ownership to the submitted Solutions. In no event will ‘work-on-behalf of’ any Teams or individual members of a Team be allowed. 9. Each Team represents and warrants that:
a. The Solution created is their original, work and is developed and for the first time presented by them during this Competition;
b. The Solution does not violate or infringe the intellectual property, proprietary or other rights of any third party;
c. That publication of the Solution via various media including web posting and social media, will not infringe on the rights of any third party;
d. They possess and control all rights necessary to submit the Solution irrevocably and without restriction to the Organiser; and
e. The Intellectual Property rights of the submitted Solution shall thereafter solely belong to and be the absolute property of the Organiser.
10. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entries that, in its sole discretion are found to be a duplicate of any existing solution or the result of collaborative work outside of the team in contravention to these Terms and Conditions and to the spirit of the Competition. 11. The Organiser reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the Competition at any time as they may determine in their sole discretion and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or expense arising thereof. 12. The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend these Terms and Conditions prior to the official launch of the Competition, by posting an updated version on the Website: hacktt.gov.tt. 13. The decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters related to this Competition. 14. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions the Team agrees:
a. That the Organiser developed, plan to develop or may develop in future, or have commissioned or shall commission materials similar or identical to the submissions of other Teams;
b. That by entering this Competition, the Team relinquishes and/ or surrenders its right to bring any legal action, claim or suit for any losses, demands, damages or claims for liability or ownership of the Solution against the Organiser of this Competition;
c. That the Organiser reserves the unlimited right to (i) use, review, assess test and otherwise analyze Solutions and all their contents in connection with this Competition; and (ii) feature its Solution and all its content in connection with the promotion of this Competition in all media (whether now known or later developed);
d. To sign any necessary documentation (which may include but may not be limited to releases or waivers) that may be required for the Organiser and its designees to make use of the rights granted herein;
e. That, by accepting a prize, the Organiser may use the Participants’ proper names online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Competition, without payment or compensation, except where prohibited by law;
f. That this Competition will be governed by the laws of Trinidad and Tobago, and the Team consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of Trinidad and Tobago for any disputes arising out of this Competition;
g. That promotional material relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition, also forms part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence;
h. To protect any Confidential Information received from unauthorized dissemination and use said information solely for the purpose of participating in the Competition; The term Confidential Information means any and all information and material of a confidential or proprietary nature, in any form or medium, written or oral, concerning or relating to the Organiser and/or the Competition (whether prepared by the Organiser or otherwise, and irrespective of the form or means of communication and whether it is labelled or otherwise identified as confidential) that is furnished to the Teams in connection with their participation in the Competition;
i. Not to use or promote offensive, obscene, libellous, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing or (any) other illegal material in its entries and applications;
j. Not to install any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines or malicious code that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or other information;
k. That its participation in the Competition will not breach any duty of confidentiality or contractual rights owed to any third party and that with its participation it does not violate any law, contract, or regulation; and
l. That by the end of the Competition it shall return any and all data received from the Organiser in order to participate in the Competition.
15. All costs, including without limitation all transport costs, accommodation and other related costs incurred by the Participants as a result of and/or pursuant to their participation in the Competition shall be solely borne by the Participants. The Organiser shall not be under any obligation to reimburse the Participants for any such costs and expenses incurred thereof. 16. The Participants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details given at the time of their registration are up to date and accurate so they can be contacted during the Competition. 17. The Organiser has no obligation to use, invest in or buy Solutions developed throughout the Competition. 18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Organiser, (its subsidiary and related companies, together with their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or any damage (including loss of opportunity-profit) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in connection with the Competition, including, but not limited to:
a. any technical difficulties, technical error or equipment malfunction, hardware or software failures, loss, faulty or unavailable network connections (whether or not under the Organiser’s control);
b. any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay, defect, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; and
c. any Solution entry, prize, claim or other correspondence that is late, lost, altered, damaged, incomplete, illegible or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Organiser due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser.
Vodafone has said that…
Hackers were able to…
Black and minority ethnic…
“Technology, for me, it’s…
Reading Time: 3 minutes Above: Huawei’s Ken…
It’s been just over a…
Reading Time: 2 minutes Above: Digicel CEO,…
Reading Time: 3 minutes Above:…
Reading Time: 3 minutes Above: The…
Reading Time: 4 minutes Above:…
Feel free to contact us by filling in the form or via the contact information provided.